Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So..how does your garden grow?





















I don't know about you, but have you seen the documentary called "Future of Food'?. Very disturbing. My passion for gardening preceded my knowledge of this film, but it sure made me realize that the only way to truly know where your food comes from is if you grow it yourself. Anybody can start somewhere, even if it is growing a tomato in a pot on your porch or balcony.






I realized that whoever controls the food supply...controls the people. Scary stuff.






My family has begun to transform our city lot into an edible garden. To be as beautiful as possible while being productive for us to put produce on the table. It will take some time, but I know it will be worth all the work. My next project will be a honey-do. (you know, the one you get your husband to do). We want some chickens and I already have the style of chicken coop that I want built. I'll give updates on that project when it begins....until then here are some pictures of my back and side yard gardens this summer. I can't wait for those tomatoes to start turning.....

1 comment:

  1. Holy wow! The garden is HA-YUGE!!
    I wish I had more of a knack/interest in gardening . . . I'm really more of an animal person. I'll happily care for any type of livestock except pigs.

    Hmm . . . I might just have to force myself to get into gardening more.

    ReplyDelete